Don’t worry that St. Patrick’s Day has passed; quarantine gives us time to make delicious foods, both in and out of season! Here are a couple of green foods for St. Patrick’s Day, March, or all of 2020!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 3 drops blue coloring + 10-15 drops green coloring
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix together sugar and butter. Add egg, sour cream and pudding mix. In a different small bowl, combine flour, salt & baking soda. Incorporate flour mixture into the pudding mixture and mix until combined. Add mint extract and food coloring.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoons and place evenly apart on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 1 small sliced frozen banana
- 1 medium kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- 1/2 small avocado
Blend all ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Matcha Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 6 frozen chocolate cookies or Thin Mints
- 1 bucket of matcha or mint ice cream
- crushed pistachios (optional)
- Place a tablespoon of ice cream on one cookie.
- Press another cookie onto the ice cream.
- (optional) Roll the edge of the ice cream sandwich into crushed pistachios, coating the ice cream.
- Eat immediately OR put the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoy these green desserts, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.